Thursday, October 28, 2010

Off From Motherland

1.The front of the container: At the top, It had my visa to come to America. In the middle, it has the name of the flight that I'm on, which was All Nippon Airways. At the bottom, it was the stamp of the day I left Thailand. If you look at the very bottom of the locket, you will actually see the APR for April 6, 1999. It was the day I left. 
2. On this page: It's the front of the envelop that she sent the letter in. And it's to me to my house in the States. And if you can see at the left bottom... It has a stamp from the post office, which says, AVION
3. When you open up the container, the hole in the left is actually part of a clasp. 

The way I designed this, I thought about how precious something is and that's how I placed it. That's why it's on the right because you usually look at the right first.  To me, the letter that my mom wrote me was so beautiful! But lemme explain the left side first.

The left side is the picture of our family. It was the last day we were together as one. It has my mom, me, my dad and my sis. It gives me this warm feeling. 

Now to the right, It's part of the letter that my mom wrote me back as a reply. The story with that was, I wrote to my mom, telling her how much I love America and that when I'm successful, I want her to come and live with me.

She then replied back and I'll translate only the part that you see. "I got your letter. I'm very happy (joyful in her heart). I miss you so much. You must be there so you can be successful. If I have a chance, I'll go and visit you on the 13th of March, I know that's an important day for you. (My birthday) Your sister is gonna be there with you. Dont fight. Work together. I'm sending you a pic of us so if you miss us, look at the picture. (Pic to the left of this)" 

At the bottom, it says, "Love you very much, Wanida Pongsupapat"

I hope you guys enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment