Thursday, October 28, 2010

Design Reflection on "Off From Motherland"

I thought what I did was very personally and beautiful.

But I dont think it was an A project, a B for myself.  I thought the form really speaks because it is coming from her heart.  I wish I didn't do as much etching because I think it's just too much detail.  

There was a bit of a problem with the hinge, I actually made a 5 knuckle hinge but it kept not soldering on plus... my form started to come apart and i was a bit upset about it.  So that's why it wasnt the best. But I know I had to make a hinge, so that night, I ended up having to make a 3 hinge knuckle instead.  

I think the front of my design came up SUPERBLY!!! I thought it was perfect. The composition was amazing. The placement and everything just seem like it was slapped on like... when you travel, you just stick stickers from all the different places you visit on your suitcase. I love that. It was perfect.

The back for me... was a little bit boring but it spoke too... that this letter was to me. That's why it's important and I think it should have maybe a little bit of the stamp.

For the inside, I think it's so awesome.  It had every detail that wanted to have.  It had the picture with my family in it and the letter that my mom wrote me and that was beautiful in itself.  I didn't need to do anything to it.

thought... I would love to have that picture maybe be lower into the form and have an internal frame like... a locket that has a frame for a small picture.  I think that's cool.

The fact that you open up and see it to me reads container because... container doesnt mean... it has to have an empty space. But that container contains my memories in itself.  

With the etching, i learned alot because i had to do so much. I have no regrets about that part because I learned something and now I know.  Since I didn't take Jewelry 2... i had to learn that in that moment. So i think that my learning curve was AWESOMEEE!!!!

Overall, I think i would give myself an A on concept.  a B on technical skills. And a B for craftsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment