Friday, March 18, 2011

Journey to 20 Tiles of Techniques

Objective of the Tiles Project: To make 20 tiles using the different techniques we've learned to make images on a surface that corresponds to our theme.
When I first started I thought I wanted to do marine life.  But Janet Huddie, my professor, said to push even further and I did a spider web chart about marine life.  Then my focus then shifted to the Amazon because that's where the most bio-diversities are at.  

After that, I did more research which then led me to a type of frog called Dart Frog. It's colored shows it is poisonous and "don't get near me" signal is definitely flashing.

In 7th grade, I was taught that you stand out or blend in when it comes to being in nature.  Eat or be eaten.  After that, I thought of defense mechanisms because the bright colors and camouflage were types of defense mechanisms.  That led me to do my tiles on defensive mechanisms by different types of animals. 
I thought of doing maybe 10 offensive ones but there's only so much you can do with offensive because they are quite boring, claws, teeth.... nothing special but defenses are much cooler. Though one that I thought would have been cool would be the Venus Fly Trap. 

But anyways, I decided to go with the defensive and there were so many that I could choose from which were fabulous.

And here are the progress:














No comments:

Post a Comment