Thursday, February 17, 2011

Casting Class: Skeleton to Skin Sketches and Rhino

First, we had to research forms and I was kind of confused at first. But did sketches for class anyways. There were definitely some very loose and quick ones, as well as some rendered ones.  The first two are many of the quick ones. 

 I love how they are playing with the simple shape and using it to to give a little bit more dimension such as positive and negative spaces to give more interesting compositions.

The third one which is on the left side, second from the top, it's a little bit more geometric and very similar to a post but I just started off as a just a design.  It was very interesting but I am not very a geometrically aesthetic person.  I am trying hard to be more versatile with my design. (I am a natural organic aesthetic person.)

That one was a bit hard for me to grasp so I moved on to my next one.

My fourth design came with a bit of tweaking and adjusting of one of the many pictures I took for form inspiration, which was a group of apple.

I started to draw one first then see how the spaces could interconnect the apples and wonder what kind of form I could do.  Remember this was the beginning stage in the project, so I just did one.  So I can get a variety of sketches in to see the very many different views of forms.
Add caption

With the playing of apple forms, I came up with this sketch of round forms that are interacting in a very interesting way.

I found this to be very cool, simple yet complicated.  It had a nice touch of movement.

 Then I wonder what else this form could take which leads to a new form that I came up with but is still not a winner.

The last design, I thought of how I could stretch the circular forms like the apple forms and space but even more.  Thus came the last one which is very membrane-like. I love it

Later I found it was going to be a bit hard for this project and I went back to the fourth design as a base but this one would have been my choice because of it's complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment